Top 9 Women’s Symptoms That I Have Successfully Used Acupuncture for Healing
I am Amy Rieselman, the owner and practitioner of Energy Flow Acupuncture and Wellness Center. We specialize in women’s acupuncture. Women’s acupuncture is a widely studied treatment recognized globally for its effectiveness in addressing gynecological hormonal problems, heart diseases, hypertension, chronic pain, fibromyalgia, digestive disorders, mental/emotional challenges, fatigue, and sleep issues.
When I perform acupuncture, most of my patients feel minimal discomfort. Many even report a profound sense of relaxation and a significant reduction or complete elimination of specific health complaints. Scientifically, stimulating acupuncture points releases many chemicals in the brain, spinal cord, and muscles. These chemicals modulate pain, help tissue regeneration, and boost the body’s natural healing processes.
I offer patient-centered health care in Naperville, IL, focusing mainly on women. My approach integrates herbal therapy and acupuncture. I always prioritize listening to and partnering with my patients to achieve enduring health improvements.
Pain is a manifestation of our nervous system responding to energy blockages. Acupuncture releases these blockages, enabling the release of endorphins, our body’s natural painkillers.
I’ve seen acupuncture reduce menstrual cramps, ease premenstrual syndrome symptoms, and regulate menstrual cycles. Furthermore, acupuncture complements fertility treatments. Some patients undergoing in vitro fertilization have reported enhanced success rates after acupuncture sessions.
1) Menstrual Cramps and PMS: Acupuncture may help reduce the severity of menstrual cramps and alleviate symptoms of premenstrual syndrome (PMS). Irregular Menstruation: Some women find acupuncture helps better regulate their menstrual cycles.
2) Fertility Challenges: Acupuncture is a complementary therapy for women undergoing fertility treatments, such as in vitro fertilization (IVF). Some studies suggest that acupuncture may improve the success rates of these treatments.
Fertility setbacks can stem from various reasons, including hormonal imbalances and physical barriers that hinder pregnancy. At the same time, acupuncture creates a conducive environment for conception but cannot help physical damage, such as scarred ovaries.
3) Pregnancy and Postpartum Support: Acupuncture may help alleviate common pregnancy symptoms such as nausea, back pain, and fatigue. Acupuncture also supports recovery, boosts energy, and addresses issues such as postpartum depression.
During pregnancy, acupuncture can mitigate symptoms like nausea, back pain, and fatigue. After childbirth, I recommend acupuncture to bolster recovery, rejuvenate energy, and tackle postpartum depression.
4) Stress and Anxiety: I often recommend acupuncture for stress and anxiety. Acupuncture has a calming effect, which helps my patients combat their daily stresses more effectively.
5) Digestive Issues: Acupuncture may help alleviate symptoms of various digestive disorders, such as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and constipation. Specific digestive issues can be healed with acupuncture. I treat digestive conditions like irritable bowel syndrome and constipation.
6) Menopause presents another set of challenges for women. Acupuncture targets the adrenal gland, reducing cortisol levels and helping mitigate symptoms such as hot flashes, night sweats, and mood swings. By addressing the root causes, acupuncture can harmonize hormonal imbalances and provide significant relief.
7) Ant-aging is a lesser-known benefit of acupuncture. The technique can diminish fine lines, enhance skin texture, and stimulate collagen production, resulting in tighter skin and a youthful appearance.
8) Endometriosis and painful menstruation are imbalances where addressing the root cause is essential. Normal menstruation should be regular, with a consistent flow and minimal clotting. Increasing pain or reliance on pain medications is a red flag. In Chinese medicine, endometriosis is categorized as a blood stagnation condition. Along with conditions like PCOS and uterine fibroids, acupuncture is effective in alleviating lower abdominal pain, improving blood circulation, and bolstering the immune response.
9) Headaches and migraines can significantly impair one’s quality of life. Through acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine, I help ease the severity and frequency of these debilitating pains, offering relief without the common side effects of conventional drugs.
I would love to discuss your concerns and layout strategies to alleviate pain. Energy Flow Acupuncture is located just east of downtown Naperville and serves the surrounding communities. We offer free phone, Zoom, or in-person consultations. Please call us at 630-335-1069 to schedule yours today.