What is Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine?
Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine are safe and effective forms of healthcare therapy with very few side effects. Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine have been used for healing for thousands of years with several potential benefits.
Chinese Medicine, also known as Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), has been used in healing for thousands of years. It’s a belief in the balance of energy, or Qi (pronounced “chee”), in the body, and an imbalance of this energy causes that illness. Chinese Medicine uses various techniques to restore the balance of Qi and promote healing, including acupuncture, herbal medicine, dietary therapy, and tai chi.
How does acupuncture work?
Several studies reveal that acupuncture is excellent for boosting blood because the use of acupuncture needles stimulates nitric oxide in the body. Nitric oxide (NO) is a vital regulator of localized blood flow, and the rise in NO brings higher blood flow and circulation to the cells.
Acupuncture focuses on activating and opening areas of the body to increase blood circulation and oxygen for healing. Increased blood circulation boosts oxygen in cells which assists in loosening up muscles, relieving pain, boosting metabolic waste throughout the body, and promoting system-wide balance for far better health. These therapies deal with poor blood flow and deal with the root cause of the pain.
Chinese Medicine is Holistic Medicine
Chinese Medicine practitioners typically take a holistic approach to health care and focus on treating the underlying cause of a condition rather than just its symptoms.
A holistic approach to healthcare considers the whole person and their overall well-being rather than focusing solely on treating specific symptoms or illnesses. This approach emphasizes the importance of the connection between the mind, body, and spirit. It seeks to address all aspects of a person’s health, including physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being.
Holistic healthcare practitioners often use a variety of medicines and therapies to help their patients achieve optimal health. These may include conventional medical treatments, complementary therapies such as acupuncture and herbal medicine, and lifestyle changes such as diet and exercise. They also often take a patient-centered approach, working closely with patients to understand their health concerns and goals and to develop an individualized treatment plan.
The health benefits of acupuncture and Chinese Medicine lead people to feel more in control of their well-being and feel better physically and emotionally.
What are Some Benefits of Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine?
- Pain relief: Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine can effectively treat chronic pain, such as lower back pain, neck pain, and osteoarthritis.
- Headaches and migraines: Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine lessen the severity of migraines and headaches.
- Nausea and vomiting: Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine can alleviate nausea and vomiting caused by chemotherapy, radiation therapy, and other medical treatments.
- Infertility: Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine may help to improve fertility and increase the chances of successful IVF treatment.
- Depression and anxiety: Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine can be used as complementary treatments for these conditions alongside other therapies.
- Insomnia: Acupuncture can help with sleep disorders, including insomnia.
- Allergies: Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine may help to reduce symptoms of allergic rhinitis, such as sneezing, runny nose, and itchy eyes.
- Improving digestion: Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine can help with digestive disorders such as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD).
- Immune system: Chinese Medicine can help to boost the immune system and improve overall health.
Acupuncture for Naperville
It’s important working with a qualified and licensed practitioner is essential to ensure the best possible results.
We treat the WHOLE person at Energy Flow Acupuncture & Wellness Center, not just a symptom. We genuinely believe in the mind-body-spirit connection, which is why Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine have withstood the test of time – we are more than the sum of our parts!
We would love to discuss your concerns and see if we’d be a fit to work together. Energy Flow Acupuncture located just east of downtown Naperville, and serving the surrounding communities, offers free consultations via phone, Zoom, or in person. Please call us at 630-335-1069 to schedule yours today.